(relevant screenshots attached below)
Have a clear glass lid on this turntable and the issue I'm running into is when I try and output an alpha, the lid is not outputting any transparency. I've tried several things like:
- Deselected the "Opaque" option in the Arnold tag
- Set "Camera" and "Transmission" visibility of the sky dome to 0
- Nothing is in frame behind the object
- Tried reversing the normals of the lid
- Tried adjusting the IOR for the lid
- Tried upping the ray depth for Transmission, Transparency depth, etc.
Nothing I'm trying seems to be getting the lid transparency to output on the alpha. As you can see in my screenshot, in the composite, the glass looks fine.
There is an image controlling specularity of the lid (scuff marks), but even if I drop that off the shader, I still don't get transparency on the alpha.
I've pretty much run out of things to try, so would love to pick someone else's brain on this one.