1. Open C4D file (contains default Arnold render settings)
2. Notice how the cylinders are all black except one tiny part of one instance
3. Select the texture tag that is on the Cloner object
4. Enable "Tile"
5. Disable "Tile"
6. Notice how enabling Tile made the cylinders completely colored as expected. But notice how disabling Tile did not revert the colors back to all black and a tiny colored part. This is the problem that is confusing me. Is this a bug?
7. Select the Cloner object
8. Enable "Render Instances"
9. Disable "Render Instances"
10. Now we are back to our initial almost all black cylinders.
What I want to know is what is causing the settings in my list above to act unpredictably when toggled on and off (in relation to the context of the texture of the cylinders). I have never encountered this issue before and it took me a decent amount of time to figure out why toggling a setting on then off would not accordingly change a texture to another state and then back, as logic would demand. What is going on here?
I am using a MacBook Pro - C4D R19 Student - C4DtoA 126.96.36.199 - Arnold core 188.8.131.52